Week #2 – THE LION KING
• Last week, we exposed that one of the enemy’s biggest tricks to destroy our lives is GRIEF.
• This week we’re going to expose another common weapon the enemyuses, CONDEMNATION.
Romans 8:1-2 (NLT) - So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus. 2 And because you belong to him, the power of the life-giving Spirit has freed you from the power of sin that leads to death.
• Condemn - to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation; to adjudge unfit for use
• QUOTE: The enemy wants to trick us into believing that we’re unfit for God to live in, and unfit for God’s use. You may be a “fixer upper”, butif you belong to Christ you’re not condemned.
• Psalm 139:16 (MSG) - All the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.
• Ephesians 2:10 (NCV) - God has made us what we are. In Christ Jesus, God made us to do good works, which God planned in advance for us to live our lives doing.
• Jeremiah 29:11 (NCV) - I say this because I know what I am planning for you,” says the Lord. “I have good plans for you, not plans to hurt you. I will give you hope and a good future.
• QUOTE: God’s thoughts about us are good, even when we’re in exile. Even when we’re outside of His will for our lives, He wants to give ushope and a good future.
• QUOTE: Satan uses condemnation to convince us to run away from God, instead of toward Him.
Romans 8:3 (NLT) - The law of Moses was unable to save us because of the weakness of our sinful nature. So God did what the law could not do. He sent his own Son in a body like the bodies we sinners have. And in that body Goddeclared an end to sin’s control over us by giving his Son as a sacrifice for our sins.
• Romans 11:29 (NLT) - For God’s gifts and his call can never be withdrawn.
• Romans 11:29 (AMPC) - For God’s gifts and His call are irrevocable. [He never withdraws them when once they are given, and He does not change His mind about those to whom He gives His grace or to whom He sends His call.]
• Romans 8:19 (NLT) - For all creation is waiting eagerly for that future day when God will reveal who his children really are.
• QUOTE: If we understand how important our individual lives are to God, we will begin to dream bigger dreams! We will ask God for more than we’ve ever dared to ask! We’ll start praying for Him to increase our influence, our territory, and our ministries. In the words of Mufasa, “Remember who you are”!
• 2 Corinthians 5:17 (NLT) - "This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!"
• 1 Peter 1:23 (NIV) - "For you have been born again, not of perishable seed, but of imperishable, through the living and enduring word of God.”
• QUOTE: When we receive Jesus as savior, we are reborn. The seed that created the “new you” is imperishable. The mistakes we’ve made even since we’ve been born again have not killed that seed!
• Romans 5:17 (AMPC) - "For if because of one man’s trespass death reigned through that one, much more surely will those who receive [God’s] overflowing grace and the free gift of righteousness reign as kings in life through the one Man Jesus Christ."